Saturday, May 14, 2011

Challenging Color Challenge


This week at Come and Get It Challenges, I am hosting a Color Challenge. The colors are Peach, Mint or Light Green and Olive Green. When I chose this combo, I thought it would be very easy to create a card with it. OHHHH, was I wrong. I didn't realize I have NO PEACH INK! ( That will change as I will be getting some of SU's Peach Parfait~) I decided I needed to find something in peach besides my cardstock, so I went on a hunt. I had a few gorgeous DP, but the greens weren't right, so I thought I would just make my own flowers. I wasn't loving the punched flowers, and remembered the link Cindy gave me for Roses made with 5 petal flower punches. You can find it HERE. Oh my goodness, I just LOVE how they came out! I faked the rosebud, but I think it works, what do you think?
I will enter this card into other challenges out there this week:
2 Sisters - Spring
Designed 2 Delight - Handmade Flowers
Shannon's - 3 Flowers and No DP
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - May Flowers
Papertake - Fancy A Punch

The rest of the card came together on its own... The leaves are a die from SU, and the scalloped edge is also by SU. The embossing folder is by Cuttlebug. I must say that is color challenge has turned into one of my favorite creations. I hope you will come play with us at Come and Get It Challenges this week!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a WONDERFUL Sunday!

Rubber Hugs,
Julie

9 comments:

craftyb said...

your card is gorgeous - LOVE the colour combo and your roses are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this week! bx

* Shell B.* said...

Wonderful job on your roses, Julie! I love how your card came out!!

Shell~Alaska♥

Zulma said...

Beautiful card! nice color combo, flowers and leaves. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Sister's this week, good luck!
Zulma DT

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie...nice card, it is simple yet elegant. I also had trouble with this challenge...who knew these colours would be so hard to work with.But we both cam through which is why we do these challenges eh!

paper fun said...

Your roses are gorgeous. I love your "faked" rose bud.

I can see why you would choose this color combo. It is very pretty together.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Nana Donna said...

I love your color combination, it is put together so well. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week.
http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

Sharon Caudle said...

So beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Lisa Foster said...

This is so beautiful! Love the color combo! Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Shannon's Sentiments.