Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday!! It is an overcast day here in NW Arkansas, but it doesn't stop the celebrations honoring our country's Heroes!!
I got to do some stamping today, and made some swap cards that need to go out. This one is for a sketch swap on my Yahoo Group.
I used my Charlie Daisy set from Clear Dollar Stamps, and stamped him in black StazOn then watercolored him. I did a sponged on sky in the background. The rest of the card was simple...just the layers and a flower. The leaves are from SU Sizzix Little Leaves Die, and I just cut a couple off the spray to use with the prima. I love the look...
I am off to make a Lasagna for dinner, as I have been craving it!! I hope you all have a wonder rest of the day! Thanks so stopping by, and I hope to have another card for you later today!

Rubber Hugs,
Julie



Well, I did manage to get my Memorial Day card made!! I used the Sketch Saturday Sketch, and I am gonna do yet another one with this sketch...it is COOL! This is an image I got LONG AGO from PC Crafter...isn't it neat how the US is in the flag? Anyway, just wanted to share this...have a FABBY evening, and I will see you tomorrow! Again, thanks for visiting!
Hugs,
Julie

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Great cards Julie, especially love your Charlie design, lovely how you've done the background. Nicki, xx.

JulieA said...

That's really cool! I love how the US is inside the flag. Nice job!